Monday 24 January 2011

Eye Test

I finally had my eyes tested last weekend, they were getting bad, distance is fine but reading has been a struggle especially when I am tired. I had kind of ignored it until I went away for the weekend last September, we were looking at Radley handbags and noticed some great glasses on a little display stand, my friend wears glasses for reading so was trying some on, of course I had to have a go, I love glasses and didn't want to be left out.
I could read clearly, I had tried on the weakest ones they had there, +1.00 and I could see the difference straight away with the little card thingy they had. Naturally I bought a pair and have been using them to read ever since, but of course a proper eye test was still important and I finally went for it, what a difference they make, it is a little weird balancing them on my nose while I knit and read the pattern and then peep over the top to see the telly, but it does make such a difference. I had bought the cheapest pair of glasses in the opticians without all the coatings they try to upsell you and asked for a copy of my prescription, I will get my glasses on line in future, they are so much cheaper, I can see myself having a nice little collection of glasses for all occasions.
There has been knitting, I finished the front of the cushion cover, just need to do the back and then get a cushion pad. I am really pleased with it so far and think I will do another one with the yarn left over but in a different pattern, I may try a cabled one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, just found your lovely blog. Looking forward to visiting again. I'd love to see more pics of Stanley, we used to have Jack Russells, we've had one of the Parson long leg ones and one of the short stumpy legs ones too.
Happy knitting!
Jan