Thursday 13 January 2011

Naughty Me

I just happened to be looking at knitting books on Amazon yesterday, like you do, something terrible happened, I spent money, money I haven't really got, looks like I will be smoking tabacco instead of taylor mades for a week or two, ( yeah, I know I should give up the weed. )

Too late now they are ordered and will be winging their way over to me very soon. Number one is this, Fishermen's Sweaters by Alice Starmore, I already have her Book of Fair Isle Knitting and Aran Knitting, both beautiful books and full of inspirational designs. I thought this would be a useful addition to my collection, especially as I have a long term plan to actually knit Mr Roadside a sweater, how long term this plan will be until it becomes an actuallity is the million dollar question, one day, probably later rather than sooner. I am hoping that this book will contain the right amount of manly sweaters to inspire me to finally knit something for him. I have only ever knit him a hat, which he said was not big enough, his loss, I have made very good use of it.                                          




This book just kind of fell into my basket of it's own accord, I have never even really looked at this book, but the reviews were encouraging so I bravely knocked it of it's shelf. Must have a quick look on Rav and see what is said about it on there, I will of course give my thoughts on the books once I have them in my sticky mittens. The new hat it finished and currantly perching on my head keeping me lovely and warm, I seem to be a bit obsessive about hats at the moment, maybe because they are relatively quick projects to complete, it also sounds great to say that I have completed three projects already this year, and it still only the middle of January. God I am good. Long may it continue.

No comments: