Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year

Welcome to 2011, what a celebration we had, we were in bed by ten and fast asleep as the rest of the country rocked their socks off. Mr Roadside has got swine flu so we cancelled our plans and snuggled on the sofa, most of the family have had the dreaded lurgy over Christmas so it was all a little subdued to say the least, as well as the grandaughters bedroom ceiling collasping on Boxing day due to a leak in a pipe that was 'fixed' a couple of months ago, Christmas was not the riot it normally is in the Roadside House, enjoyable none the less though.
Resolutions, I think not, they never make it through the first week. Knitting took a back seat in 2010, I went from having no job to having three, so have been running to keep up with myself. My craft room is no more, it is now the grandchildrens room, sad but necessary.
Today I intend on knitting my work buddy a hat for his 40th birthday this week, he is from Slovakia and I have been trying in vain to find something even vaguely Slovak to incorporate into the hat, but apart from their national flag I can find nothing, absolutely nothing.
I would like to try and blog this year, (no, not a resolution) maybe even get a few pictures of FOs up, we will see anyway.

No comments: