Monday 10 January 2011

FO

Have you any idea just how difficult it is to take a photo of the top of your head. This was one of about a dozen, the other eleven were deleted, bad, bad photos. It is still not a good photo, but will have to do. This is the hat knitted from The Family Knitting Book, using Patons Diploma Gold DK in shade 6151, which is a blood red colour, not the pinky red shown in the picture. The folded bottom is a Honeycomb pattern though it does not show too clearly in this photo, and the top is a sort of 4 x 4 twisted cable rib.
I even managed to knit another hat this weekend, not for my colleague still, but for the Grandaughter, she saw me knitting this one and demanded that I make a pink hat for her, which being the doting Nana I am, I promptly did, I did take a picture of her wearing it, bad photo, I will try to get another one of her in it soon, and hope that she is not pulling strange faces.
I will start the other hat today, I need to get this done asap, my colleague is home from foreign lands tomorrow, I must find a manly colour in my stash.
If anyone ever stumbles across my blog, please stop and say hello, I am not especially bothered if no-one ever reads it, but it would be nice to know that there is someone out there in the netherworld of Blogland. I have grown quite fond of this blog over the last few postings, it has revived a more intense love of all things knitted, I had been quite lazy over my knitting in recent months, apart from a quick burst just before  my little Grandson was born and Christmas, I had not really knit anything in the last year or so.

The Frog Pond is no more, I spent a very productive evening last night, ripping out everything that was hidding away in it, and there was some stuff that had been hibernating there for well over four years, it is no more, but I now have a large pile of balled up yarn ready to re-enter the stash mound.

No comments: