Monday 3 January 2011

A Challenge

I have, over the years bought yards of non-fiction books, all bar none are about knitting, pattern books, technique books, stitch dictionarys, you get the idea. I have lovingly and faithfully read them from cover to cover, marvelling over the miriad of beautiful projects and have so far not knitted a thing from them. Don't get me wrong I always have every intention of knitting countless amounts from them, they are full of post-it notes bookmarking the things I want to do, some of these post-its even name the yarns I have in my stash that I can use to make them with. Still they haven't been knitted.
So naturally my challenge is to get off my pondering backside and do some of them. Which one to start first though, now I could spend days once again leafing through all the books, actually make that weeks there are alot of books, trying to make up my mind flitting from one project to another, constantly changing my mind again and again and again. Instead I have elected to start with the last book I bought, Alice Starmore's, Aran Knitting, now there are quite a few projects that spring to mind from this particular book, Irish Moss, Na Craga, St Ciaran, the list goes on, but in my infinite wisdom I have decided on Maidenhair Shawl.

Now all I have to do is some stash diving to see if I have anything approaching suitable for this, if not, damn, I will have to do some shopping for more yarn, I have plenty of overtime this month so I can treat myself to something special to celebrate my good sense in taking on this challenge. And in case you were wondering, no, there is no particular reason for this particular project, it was just the first first one that jumped out of the pages and hit me over the head pleading to be cast on and maybe one day cast off again as an official FO.

No comments: