Wednesday 5 January 2011

Frog Pond

There is nothing is my stash for the Maidenhair Shawl, this project uses 825g of yarn and though I have yarn that I could use, I do not have enough of any particular yarn. This of course means I will have to buy some for it, I spent a fair amount of time yesterday browsing the interweb for something appropriate and have found a few possibilities but nothing that jumps up and bites me on the bum screaming buy me, buy me.
The hat has not even been started, got side tracked by something else, that something else is going to be frogged in a little bit, not liking it at all.
Talking of frogging, I have rather a large Frogpond at the moment, not as large as it was, I did do a little ripping out over the New Year, I like ripping, it's like buying new yarn in a way, you get to use a yarn that you coveted enough to cast on with all over again from new. I did not fall out of love with anything in the frog pond, but most of the projects have been lurking around for so long I have forgotten what patterns they are from, and if I can remember what patterns they are, I sure as hell don't remember at what point I have got to in the pattern, so rather than struggle with working out what they are and where I have gotten to, I will just rip it, rip it, rip it.

No comments: