Friday 7 January 2011

There Has Been Knitting

I have actually made time for some knitting, not the hat for my work colleague, but one for me. I was having a little look through my books and patterns for a suitable mans hat and found the perfect one, for me. It is from The Family Knitting Book, which was produced excusively for W H Smith in 1980, it has a lovely Aran section in the back of it and the pattern was crying out to be knit, I am about half way through it and really enjoying the cables, never done them before, bit bloody fiddly at first with the cable needle ( dpn actually, don't have a cable needle as such ) but you soon get into the swing of it.
I love these old knitting books,I manage to get alot of them from my local charity book shop, I never pay more than a pound for them, absolute bargain. Today I picked up thirty knitting magazines in one of the other charity shops for only three pounds, mostly from the nineties, but several from the seventies, including one from 1970 priced up in old money 3s 6d, Woman Treasury of Crochet and Knitting, if only the modern magazines were that cheap.

No comments: