Thursday 25 January 2007

I Love Mrs S



Lovely pink stuff from Hipknits arrived yesterday, it's a shawl kit. It's a peachy pink, the chunky one in the foreground is destined to be a hat for me, it is pinker than the others and I don't think it goes so I am whipping it out, the rest will be made up into a shawl though. There was some cashmere sock yarn too but I didn't take any photos of that today, maybe tomorrow.

I have done a little more to the beanie today but not much, that's the only problem with dk, it seems to take forever to grow, and it's for a nearly grown up head, I like newborn baby hats.

My bestest pal Mrs S came round today, she bought me stash. She bought me two balls of Sirdar Blur in a lovely lilac colur and some patterns, one of which is a Jean Greenhowe book of soft toys, I love her toy patterns. Mrs S did have an ulterior motive though, she is the Bursar at the local infant school and they have just got some chickens for the school, they came in their own egloo and they laid their first eggs today. Anyway back to the point, Mrs S asked if I would make a couple of the easter chicks (not sure if they were for the children at the school or for her), how could I refuse, it's more knitting. I Love Knitting. Mrs S loves the chickens, she wants to call one Audrey. I want a pig and I want to call him Boris.

1 comment:

Purplegem said...

How's the shawl coming along?
Haven't been able to look on blogs and forums much recently so having a bit of a catch up this evening! Hope you had a great mothers day today btw, hope you got spoiled rotten ;)