Friday 19 January 2007

Bargain Friday


I love charity shops, you never know what you will find. No yarn today, but I picked up two magazines and a book for £2.25.
The book is the Debbie Bliss New Baby Knits and although it was published in 1991 the patterns would still be lovely for a baby today.
The two magazines are Anna, Burda Knitting and Needlecrafts, loads of these back copies are floating around on Ebay for not very much. One is 1990 and the other 1984, again a few patterns that would pass muster today and others you would fall around laughing your pants off they are so naff.
Again apologies for the quality of the picture, must find the misters new camera and pinch it ! I wonder where he has put it. Mine really needs binning.
Still working on the legwarmers only got about another inch of the ribbing done last night, I had a darts match, we lost as usual, we always have a great night out, we play a game we love and get to have a really good laugh, we also hold the record for the number of times we have won the wooden spoon, 6 years in a row, and looking at the league tables we could be on track for our seventh year. It's only a game.
Well I have narrowed down VLT project to three possibles, if I could get it down to two I could toss a coin to decide.

1 comment:

Magenta said...

I love charity shops too! Last week I picked up a skirt, a pair of jeans and a handbag all for £12!