Thursday 18 January 2007



Gradually working my way through next months birthday knits, (so much for knitting for me this year) these are leg warmers for one of my nieces. Nice to knit when you don't want to think to much about what you are doing, just a basic tube on dpns.

Cast on 60 sts . 2 x 2 rib for 6 inches (top), stocking stitch for 10 inches, 2 x 2 rib for 5 inches (ankle). Gauge for 4 x 4 inches is 25 sts, 33 rows, 3.5 mm dpns, Patons Fairytale DK (shade 6360).

Adjust length and girth (9.5 inches) as needed, these are for a 12 year old.

Having just tipped out my "to finish bag", I have discovered (amazing what you forget about) several (5) bags to be sewn up and felted, another couple (8) to be sewn together, a few (3) hand puppets to be finished off, some pairs (6) of fingerless mittens that need ends weaving in and a couple of hats (4) that need the same. There was me thinking that I had been really good about finishing things off before starting something new, who am I trying to kid !!!

Sorry but have to bring up the weather, but how foul is it out there, I now have no fence between us and one of my neighbours, it has been totally destroyed, no good when you have a dog as nosy as ours, he will no doubt go say hello to the neighbours later, I am trying to keep him locked indoors for the moment, but that means remembering to keep the kitchen door shut, he has his own doggie flap to get in and out. The bigger problem is he can just about squeeze through an ordinary cat flap, guess who has got one of them, yes the neighbours, and Stanley hates their cat, it sits on our fence and torments the dog daily (as cats are want to do), so we may have a slight problem !!!! Cannot fix the fence until the winds have died down either.

Talking of the dog I had better take him out now, the lazy little swine (I know wrong species) has not moved from off my bed all day.

No comments: