Monday 12 October 2009

Lets Start Again

I have decided to give the blog another try, how long it will last I really do not know, but I can give it a go.It has been a long time since I wrote anything on here and so much has happened since I hardly know where to start.
The biggest news is that I am now a Nana, two years ago last month my wonderful daughter and her husband had the most beautiful little girl, I cannot tell you how much I love this little Bubba, only another grandparent will know how it feels, and it is so much better than having your own children, all the fun and none of the sleepless nights, unless they stay over, but the odd broken nights sleep is so worth it.
I was laid off my job in January this year, haven't worked full time since, but have helping out some friends in their Diner (really posh burger van) and other assorted vehicles, it has been great fun and has kept the wolves from the door.
This Friday I start a short free course for women wanting to start their own business within the crafting industry, not to sure what to expect, but hopefully I will learn a few tricks that I can apply to what I hope is a new direction.
Right, the new direction. Not much knitting has been going on in recent years, lots off casting on and sticking unfinished projects to one side to start something new, then upon rediscovering the projects they have been frogged because I could not be bothered to work out what point in the pattern I had gotten too. I have been tinkering around with a few design ideas and would like to take myself off in this direction. Now knowing how good I am at starting something and not following it through I have no idea how long this will last but hey ho lets give it a go.
I would like to start with maybe a few simple free patterns to see how they are received and to also iron out any pattern writing glitches, then build up a library of patterns available to buy, more than likely through Ravelry and linked to here. How far I can take this idea is anyones guess, like all budding designers you dream of becoming a knitting guru, that other knitters talk of in awed tones but that in all reality is unlikely, but I can dream.....

No comments: