Wednesday 24 January 2007

Yay It Snowed

I love the snow, it's like Christmas. I was out walking the dog at eight this morning, unheard of, Stanley does not do mornings, but he was all excited, he has never seen snow before, we had a lovely time playing in it. Of course it is all melting now, and by tonight it will just be sheet ice on the roads, the council are pretty good at gritting, but we live in a fairly rural area so only the main roads are done, not the small minor roads that many of us have to use to get about, good job I have got a four wheel drive, not that I will be going out unless I really have too.

I will be making a huge pan of soup for lunch, but I did have to buy my boy some Heinz Tomato Soup, it's the only soup he will eat, don't understand him, when you compare tinned stuff to freshly made own stuff, it just doesn't compute.

Not much knitting going on at the moment, the leg warmers are finished, and I have started on a matching Beanie. Mr Roadside has asked for another Beanie, his apparently does not come far enough down his ears, he shouldn't have such a big head, it fits me beautifully !!
This is a picture of a the lace scarf I recently finished for a friend, it is done in Debbie Bliss Silk which is lovely, so soft and, well, silky. It is the Cathedral Lace pattern, a 32 row repeat, which is worth the effort, but I would recommend using stitch markers between stitch counts and most important of all, a life line, I would have thrown this in the bin several times over if I had not used a life line, it was frogged back several times until I used stitch markers between the stitch counts on each row, they made it much easier to keep track of where I had got too.
Hopefully there will be an improvement to the photos soon, I have pinched the Mr's camera, but cannot find the lead or disc to load it up yet, oh and it hasn't got any batteries in it either!
I met up with a few of the AY girls on Saturday, we had lunch in Pizza Express in Lewes, at one stage you could barely see the table for the books spread across it, my list of books to get has grown significantly since Saturday. Folk Gloves is currently heading my list of must get very soon, in fact I need it yesterday. It was great meeting up, putting faces to names and to spend time with other people that actually like talking about knitting, rather than my lot who just roll their eyes and nod their heads occasionally while trying to escape not too obviously!
Looking forward to the next meet up.

No comments: