Friday 8 April 2011

Happy Hooker

I have been truely side tracked by crochet, nothing to show you at the moment ( theres a surprise), but have been playing around for the last couple of weeks with the hooks, teaching myself how to read crochet patterns and charts. I had forgotten how quick crochet grows, but also just how much more yarn it uses than knitting.
I have a couple of granny square blankets on the go, and several flowers in different stages of progress, just fooling around with it really. I ordered a couple, oh alright three crochet books tonight along with some aluminium hooks, I do have a few hooks, mostly metal, a few plastic, some wood and one bone one. I mostly use the same size plastic one, with shaped handle, it feeds the yarn through really well, wooden ones tend to stick to the yarn, as do metal ones to some extent, so I figured I would treat myself to a complete set, and ali ones seem to rate quite well with other hookers, and they were half price, at only a tenner for the set I thought it would be rude not to.
No plans for the weekend, just chilling with wine and good food, oh, and maybe a little crochet.

No comments: