Sunday 13 March 2011

Back In The Land Of The Living, Well Almost.

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of doing everything but knitting. We have taken over the Diner and things are going really well, loads of great feedback. I am the chief cook and bottle washer, the first to arrive and the last to leave, it is pretty full on and I have been getting in at night and throwing myself into bed to get some sleep almost as soon as I walk through the door. I have given up my other job, even I, superwoman that I am cannot work twenty-four hours a day five days a week, it was a bloody hard decision as I loved my other job and the lads I worked with, but it was only a temporary contract and the Diner is a permanent job.


A few years ago I knitted some socks for my nephew, they were way too small, I had seriously miscalculated just ho
w big his feet were, anyhow, I found them recently and tried them on the Grandaughter, they fit her beautifully. I then showed her my socks in the same yarn, she was seriously impressed that we had the same socks. She was so impressed with her own hand knit socks that she refused to take them off for five days, I had to promise to knit her some more (in pink of course) so we could prise them of her feet to wash them. I even managed to get her to sit still long enough to get a photo of them.
I had a great day at Unravel 2011, and spent loads of money, laceweight mostly, I didn't find anything to do the Maidenhair Shawl in though, will have to keep on looking for that. I shall try to do a post soon with pictures of all that I bought that day.
Today I shall knit, it is my treat to myself.

No comments: